A couple of months ago the doctors suggested that I stop lifting my kids up to prevent injury to myself and if you are a mom, you know well that there is A LOT of lifting in the 'mom' job description.
Adelaide is getting older and rarely needs to be held, so a good snuggle on the couch suits her just fine. Then there is my Lilah Girl. When I first had to refuse her, her heart would break everytime, then she became used to hearing "Mommy can't hold you because it hurts her belly," so she would automatically go to Daddy, which in turn broke my heart everytime.
Now comes my admission: I miss holding my 'baby.' So recently, when nobody is paying attention (especially Kurtis), I pick Lilah up and her little hands automatically rap tightly around my neck, her legs straddle my large pregnant belly as best they can, and her sweet head snuggles down on my shoulder - just where it should be - and it makes everything in my world feel so right.
1 comment:
Wow Becca! You just about brought me to tears on this one. There is nothing better than holding your very own children. I hope you are doing well and your pregnancy is treating you well. You are getting so close! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment